Thursday, October 21, 2004

Wine & Coke

Blogging is not easy and I seem to be finding it the hard way. I keep thinking of items to blog about and never get it into the system but just to list a fewSome action in NJ - Since coming to US this time the action seems to have been very limited partly because I am dependent on other for transportation and partly because of the weather (Though it is just fall for a true chennaiite like me its cold)...Note I am ruling out my laziness to budge from my apartment to the aforementioned reasons.
Being cooped in the apartments means other than the cleaning and cooking just three activities
  • Reading
  • Watching Movies
  • Browsing the Net
So I have been spending a lot of my time on these and as a record for myself I am trying to compile the list. (Actually I have lost count on the Movies I have watched so will keep updating the list)
Books
Spy Catcher - Nice book left behind in the apartment by the previous tenants (The only decent thing they have done; The whole apartment was a mess when we entered); Its about a person who discusses his experience with the MI5 & MI6 interesting anecdotes on what was happened there. Note: the cover says the book was banned in UK.
Lolita - Valdimir Nabokov - Lent by a colleague
Soulmate
Angels & Demon - Picked it up at the airport and was clearly intrigued after reading the DaVinci Code and hence was a sure and safe pick at the airport
Artemis Fowl - The Eternity Code (Thanks to the local library); I had read the previous two books Artemis Fowl & Artemis Fowl : The Artic Incident while in India but couldn’t find this one in the shops there but was lucky enough here.
Right Ho, Jeeves, by P. G. Wodehouse (Thanks to Project Gutenberg) I never got to reading any of Wodehouse till now and this was one good one to start with I guess, I liked it immensely and more over the site has a lot more and when ever I need one I can go back and pick it up for reading.
God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy (This thanks again to the local library) - I always seems to read books by Indian author only outside India, the last time I was here I picked up - Red Earth Pouring Rain and now this any way this is still in progress.
In addition the library had on sale some good hardbound volumes on sale and I have picked up the following
The Janson Directive - In progress
The Sicilian
Movies (I have totally lost track of all the movies I saw and for some of the Hindi ones I don’t even know the name let me list those I remember and then keep adding on to the list.
Picking Up the Pieces
Indiana Jones and Raiders of the Lost Arc
The Seven-year Itch
Dr.T and the Woman

Pall Bearer

Now coming back to the title Wine and Coke
I am staying in NJ sharing a house and I have this colleague who said he drinks only wine. Other day I saw a couple of ice cubes in a glass and him trying to open a bottle of California white with a fork, told him it would not be possible and asked him to get a cork screw and also made him promise not to have his wine with Ice. He got one next day and was having a glass of coke though I could smell wine, asked him about it and he said he is having it with coke. Said he likes it that way, each to his taste.;)

Till next time - Ciao

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home