Thursday, November 04, 2004

Stay Gold

Yesterday I saw the movie The Outsiders by Francis Ford Coppola. I had seen this movie earlier but for some reason the story never registered to me as some thing interesting until yesterday.
It was the first time yesterday the Poem
'Nothing Gold Can Stay'

Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.
~~~~~~~Robert Frost

I could get the text because I had the subtitles on and was able to follow what is being said. In the end of the of the movie when Jonny says, “Stay gold, Ponyboy. Stay gold” it made a lot of sense compared to the last time I saw it.

In the back flap of the CD cover I read Tom Cruise was also acting in the movie, till the end we were not able to identify who it was (Mainly because we were expecting him to be playing a bigger role) and was wondering who it could be. Only in the specile features of the DVD in the trailer we were able to confirm which character Tom Cruise played.

~~~~Stay Gold ~~~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home